This is by far one of the best articles I’ve read on Super Typhoon Yolanda. Pls share.
For more stories on Super-Typhoon Yolanda, pls visit:
- A Survivor’s Story: The Aftermath
- Q & A: Philippine Lessons in Post-Disaster Recovery
- We Need More VOLUNTEERS!!!
- What was Super Typhoon Yolanda Really Like?
- What Can We Do to Help Our Yolanda Victims?
- Things Will Get Worse Before They Get Better
- Help is on the Way
- A Survivor’s Story
- Super-Storm Haiyan Devastates Tacloban, An Omen of Things to Come
Once upon a time, somewhere between the Pacific Ocean and the South China Sea…
…there lay a unique archipelago named the Philippines.
• • •
It boasted of pristine white-sand beacheswith clear blue waters…
…abundant natural resourcesfound nowhere else in the world…
…and picturesque sunsetsof the kind that’ll take your breath away.
• • •
But despite these stunning treasures, the Philippines hosts a people of notable humilityand simplicity.
These people go by the name “Filipinos.”
The Filipinos are a remarkable people. They are hard-working and resilient, patiently bearing the hardship of life…
…but they never forget to smile.
No matter what month of the year it is, there’s always a festivitysomewhere in its 7,107 islands.
They are among the happiest people in the world…
…and indeed their smiles are among the most beautiful…
…the most authentic…
…and the most
View original post 1,263 more words